Mizuno S23 Satin Chrome Wedge
ONE-PIECE GRAIN FLOW FORGED / CENTRAL SWEET SPOT
Comprehensively engineered for extreme backspin - the S23 combines the precision and playing profile of a player’s bladed wedge with the aggressive performance of a toe-weighted design. A shorter hosel and heel-orientated cavity allow greater mass pushed towards the toe and a centred sweet spot (located heel-side in conventional wedges) . The centred sweet spot contributes to longer impact time, less head deflection and higher spin from both full and partial shots. Delivered with the unmistakable feel of a Mizuno one-piece Grain Flow Forging.
“That check and spin you see from the pros isn’t purely because of newer grooves – most of us don’t have the consistency of strike to get that kind of action. For the vast majority, a centralised sweet spot is much easier to find and get that repetitive action.” David Llewellyn, Director of R&D
- FORGED IN HIROSHIMA JAPAN: One-piece Grain Flow Forged HD at Mizuno’s iconic facility in Hiroshima Japan – where Mizuno irons have been produced since 1968.
- SPIN CENTRAL: Weight pushed to the toe delivers a more centred sweet spot, more consistent strike and reliable high-spin numbers.
- TOUR-READY DESIGN: The S23’s partial heel-cavity and short hosel, centralises the sweet spot, whilst maintaining a players preferred versatile look at address.
- LOFT SPECIFIC PROFILE: Stronger lofts feature a tear-drop straight edge. Flowing gently into a more rounded lob wedge – with grinds to suit.
- WET WEATHER PERFORMANCE: Mizuno’s HydroFlow Micro Grooves are laser etched to release moisture and reduce spin drop off.
- PRECISE GROOVES THAT LAST LONGER: Quad Cut Milled and loft specific – cut into Boron infused 1025 mild carbon steel for a longer effective lifespan.
- WHITE SATIN BRUSH CHROME OR COPPER COBALT: Two durable finishes to purely suit your visual preference.